Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

La Leche League

Do you ever feel like everything is working out perfectly for you? I certainly did when Avery started nursing for the first time and again. Once she started, I knew that I needed to get all the help I possibly could as quickly as humanly possible. This was not an opportunity that I was willing to miss out on because I wasn't able to ask questions to any of the experts. Not only did I call and make an appointment with the lactation department with my doctor's office, I also looked for a La Leche League meeting, the sooner the better. I was certainly surprised to find there was a meeting scheduled in a couple of days and not too far from my house. It was a brand new meeting, a group that only gotten together once before. How perfect!

The morning of the meeting, I got a little lost. Actually more than a little, I was very lost. Lost in a bunch of farmland (is there really that much farmland in Southern California still?). I knew that I was going to be late and I definitely want to be the new girl who shows up ten or fifteen minutes after the meeting had started. I kept going, thinking I'd peek in and if things looked like they were really moving, I'd go home and find another meeting. As luck would have it, the only person who had shown up to the meeting was Melanie the leader. While I didn't get the traditional La Leche League meeting that I expected, I got one on one support and Avery got to show off her skills.

All in all, everything worked out. I'm still going to try to find another meeting for this month because I do want to attend the four part series of the meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment